Butterscotch Pudding with Candied Bacon
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 1177 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in medium-sized saucepan. Add dark brown sugar and salt, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with about 1/4 cup milk until smooth; then whisk in eggs.
- Gradually pour remaining milk into melted brown sugar, whisking constantly; then whisk in cornstarch mixture as well.
- Return pan to heat, and bring mixture to boil, whisking frequently. Once it begins to bubble, reduce heat to low simmer and continue to cook for 1 minute, whisking nonstop, until pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Pour into individual dishes and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment and place wire rack on top.
- In small saucepot over medium heat, add brown sugar, bourbon and maple syrup. Cook, stirring often, until mixture is thickened.
- Place bacon slices on rack and brush half of glaze on both sides of bacon. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, flip and brush bacon with remaining glaze. Cook until crispy and browned.
- To serve: Top butterscotch puddings with bacon, whipped cream and candied pecans.
Per Serving: 1177 calories; 73.9 g fat; 106.6 g carbohydrates; 21.8 g protein; 341 mg cholesterol; 967 mg sodium. Full nutrition