Bratwurst Pot Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 1012 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In heavy-bottomed saute pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook until browned on all sides until just cooked through. Remove, and once cooled, slice into rounds.
- To same pan, add mushrooms and cook until well browned. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook until softened, add garlic, and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and fresh thyme, followed by flour. Reduce heat and cook for 2 more minutes to cook raw taste from flour.
- Add chicken stock and heavy cream, and bring to simmer, whisking frequently.
- Add mustard and cheddar cheese, and stir to incorporate. Add reserved sausage and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to individual ovenproof serving dishes.
- In food processor, or by hand, roughly chop pretzels to make crumbs. Toss with melted butter and top each serving dish with crumb mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and warmed through, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 1012 calories; 74.9 g fat; 51.7 g carbohydrates; 35.1 g protein; 167 mg cholesterol; 2145 mg sodium. Full nutrition