Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 432 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 casserole)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pierogies; cook until they float to the top and filling is hot, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish with butter.
- Combine onion and 1 tablespoon water in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in sausage; cook until warmed through and crisp around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage; cook and stir until starting to soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk 1 cup water, yogurt, tomato paste, dill, and lemon pepper together in a small bowl. Pour over the kielbasa-cabbage mixture in the skillet; cook until flavors combine, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place pierogies in the prepared baking dish; pour kielbasa-cabbage mixture on top. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute sour cream for the yogurt if desired.
- You can sub out the pierogies for cooked rice, or use a combination of both pierogies and rice if you like.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 21.3 g fat; 44.3 g carbohydrates; 16.4 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 1089 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1