Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 96
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix whole wheat flour, bread flour, olive oil, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix in enough water to bring dough together.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface. Let rest for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 6 to 8 pieces. Roll out each piece to paper-thin thickness. Transfer pieces of dough to the lined baking sheets; cut into strips or squares.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and edges curl up, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add seasonings such as garlic salt, oregano, other Italian herbs, or more adventurous flavors to the dough before baking.
- The thinner the dough (and the longer it bakes), the crispier the cracker will be. Thicker dough will result in a softer cracker that is very similar to pita bread (and what a tasty alternative that turns out to be!)
Per Serving: 96 calories; 5.3 11.1 2.1 0 384 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1