Potato Pancakes with Pickle Juice
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients28 m servings 532 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 pancakes)
- Mix potatoes, flour, and salt together in a bowl; add egg and mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into skillet, spreading to form two to three 6- to 8-inch pancakes. Reduce heat to medium and fry until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve pancakes alongside pickle juice.
- Cook's Notes:
- I know most potato pancakes covered with powdered sugar or jellies are just leftover mashed potatoes flattened and fried. But here we start with fresh raw potatoes and grate them on the fine side of your grater.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pickle juice. The actual amount of pickle juice consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 20.4 g fat; 78.1 g carbohydrates; 11.2 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 620 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1