Kiki's Favorite Deep-Fried Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 13 m servings 542
Original recipe yields 4 servings (16 tenders)
- Mix buttermilk and 1 tablespoon seasoned salt together in a bowl. Stir in chicken tenders. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels; place a cooling rack on sheet and set in oven.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, panko bread crumbs, and pepper together in a large, flat bowl.
- Remove tenders from marinade one at a time and shake to remove excess buttermilk. Roll pieces in panko mixture and place on a large platter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 370 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry chicken pieces 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack in oven to keep them warm as you fry.
- Cook's Note:
- If using frozen chicken tenders, thaw before marinating in buttermilk.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 542 calories; 20.4 42.9 57.1 136 1821 Full nutrition