Frittata di Zucchine e Fiori di Zucca (Italian Courgette Frittata)
made it | 0 reviews |
"This classic Italian frittata uses both the courgette and courgette flowers, boasting loads of summertime flavors. It's great warm or at room temperature, which makes it a great choice for buffets or picnics."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 4 m servings 267 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and parsley stems; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and salt; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir zucchini blossoms into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and cook until moisture evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Whisk parsley leaves, eggs, Parmesan cheese, Pecorino Romano cheese, and mint together in a bowl. Fold in zucchini mixture from the skillet. Mix well; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Pour in egg mixture and spread evenly across the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Prick surface in several places with a fork. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover; let stand until top is just set, about 5 minutes.
- Invert frittata onto a large plate and slide back into the skillet. Cook over low heat until second side is set, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 19.6 g fat; 10.3 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 284 mg cholesterol; 250 mg sodium. Full nutrition