Kkori Gomtang (Oxtail Soup)
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a simple oxtail soup requiring you to cook the oxtail first in a pressure cooker and then again with some simple seasonings. The broth will come out with a milky consistency."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 50 m servings 310 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak oxtail in cold water to remove blood, about 2 hours. Drain. Trim fat off the oxtail.
- Place oxtail in a pressure cooker; add 2 cups water. Cover and cook over medium heat according to manufacturer's instructions for 30 minutes. Add 8 cups water and cook for 1 hour more. Remove from heat; release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer oxtail to a container using a slotted spoon. Pour broth into a separate container. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Discard layer of fat that formed over the surface of the oxtail and broth.
- Combine oxtail and broth in a large pot. Add remaining 6 cups water, daikon, white parts of the green onions, milk, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, skimming foam occasionally off the top, until garlic is soft, about 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 30 minutes more.
- Remove daikon and white parts of the greens from the soup with a slotted spoon; discard. Garnish soup with green parts of the green onions. Season individual bowls with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of daikon and green onions. The actual amount of daikon and green onions consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 15.6 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 36.3 g protein; 126 mg cholesterol; 2020 mg sodium. Full nutrition