Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients38 m servings 479 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Peel white asparagus with a vegetable peeler from top to bottom, starting below the tips. Cut off any woody ends with a knife.
- Place asparagus spears and salt in a large, wide saucepan and pour in enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until spears are tender and easily pierced with a knife, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toast bread slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Spread butter over warm bread.
- Lay 1/2 slice ham on top of each slice of bread; trim excess on all sides. Cut asparagus spears in half; divide evenly over ham. Cover asparagus spears with Edam cheese.
- Place under the preheated broiler until cheese starts to bubble and brown slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Any cheese that melts fast, such as Gouda cheese, may also be used.
Per Serving: 479 calories; 32.6 g fat; 14.4 g carbohydrates; 30.7 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 1941 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1