Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 552
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a large pot. Cook, stirring constantly, until rice is soft, about 25 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in the hot oil until golden brown, 5 minutes. Transfer half of the garlic to a small bowl.
- Stir ginger into the garlic remaining in the saucepan; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken; season with fish sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken mixture into the rice. Dust annatto powder over rice using a strainer; stir until dissolved. Add hard-boiled eggs. Simmer on low, stirring constantly, until rice reaches a porridge-like consistency, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spring onions.
- Garnish bowls of congee with reserved fried garlic.
You might also like
Per Serving: 552 calories; 14.8 80.2 22 135 348 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this without the annatto powder. Okay, so I found this recipe to take a while to make and use a lot of dishes. I also found that it needed LOTS more salt, so I added a few pinches of salt...