Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients49 m servings 205
Original recipe yields 13 servings (13 donuts)
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the skillet. Chop bacon.
- Whisk cassava flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and coconut sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and egg; beat until well combined. Mix flour mixture into butter mixture until batter is smooth. Add bacon drippings, 1 tablespoon at a time, if batter is too thick. Mix chopped bacon into batter.
- Preheat donut maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer batter to a clear plastic bag and snip off a corner; fill donut maker with batter according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer donuts to a wire rack to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Mix almond butter, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons coconut milk together in a bowl until very smooth. Dip cooled donuts into almond butter topping.
- Cook's Notes:
- The donuts can also be baked in a donut pan in the oven according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add coconut milk to the almond butter if you want to dip the tops in this or omit if you want to spread it up on top… Your choice, but we like to dip.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 12.5 22.2 2.8 24 188 Full nutrition