Crisp Stuffed Chicken in Marsala Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 604 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound lightly with the smooth side of a meat mallet. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Rub 2 garlic cloves over chicken breast. Season chicken inside and out with salt, pepper, thyme, basil, and parsley. Stuff pockets with spinach, fontana cheese, and prosciutto.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl.
- Dip stuffed chicken into eggs. Dredge in bread crumbs until coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook breaded chicken until browned, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over chicken; drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cook and stir 2 garlic cloves in the same skillet used to brown chicken for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in Marsala wine; simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken stock.
- Stir butter and flour into the skillet until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute poultry seasoning for the seasoning in step 1 if desired.
Per Serving: 604 calories; 28 g fat; 36.8 g carbohydrates; 45.8 g protein; 177 mg cholesterol; 1519 mg sodium. Full nutrition