Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 1336 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Combine chili powder, sea salt, and cumin in a bowl; rub over steak. Place steak on a plate and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour and up to overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Rub steak and sliced yellow onion with vegetable oil; cook on the hot grill until steak is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Let steak and onion rest for 20 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread onion rings in 1 layer onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Cook and stir cheese food and diced tomatoes and green chiles in a saucepan over medium-low heat until cheese sauce is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread baked onion rings on a serving platter and top with steak and onions. Pour 3/4 of the cheese sauce over the top, reserving the remaining sauce to serve alongside the nachos. Top nachos with tomato, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- Flank steak can be used in place of the flat iron, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for cooking onion rings are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on bag if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 1336 calories; 90.1 g fat; 73.6 g carbohydrates; 62.1 g protein; 174 mg cholesterol; 3099 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2