Ingredients1 h 11 m servings 806
- Drizzle olive oil into saucepan (not over heat). Add onions, Serrano pepper, garlic, anchovy filet, red pepper flakes, and salt. Place pot over medium-high heat. When onions start to sizzle after a minute or so, stir and cook until onions and garlic just start to turn golden, 3 or 4 minutes. Stir in wine.
- Cook until wine is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Add clam juice, tomatoes, and oregano. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer calamari to sauce pot; stir gently. Simmer until calamari are tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Stir some sauce into the hot, drained pasta. Serve in warm bowls topped with more marinara sauce and grated cheese.
Per Serving: 806 calories; 12.2 117.8 53.4 4 921 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
A Marinara sauce that kicks nicely, would be good with black mussels or other seafood as well.
It made a spectacular sauce and meal. I substituted half tablespoon of black pepper and left out the anchovie to reduce the salt content. Very nice bite to it. Wil do again.