Jumbleberry Browned Butter Crisp
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 464
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch crisp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until butter is browned, fragrant, and foamy, with browned bits in it, 5 to 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Combine white sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add thawed berries and toss gently. Transfer berry mixture to the bottom of the greased pie dish.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup browned butter until mixture is evenly wet and crumbly. Spread evenly over top of berry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Fresh berries can be used as well, especially when in season.
- Editor's Note:
- Reserve remaining browned butter (if any) for another use. Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of butter. The actual amount of butter consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 18.3 74.5 3.7 46 259 Full nutrition