Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 365
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 artichokes)
- Cut the stems and the tops off each artichoke. Wiggle the artichoke back and forth with your thumbs to open the leaves. Snap off and discard the tough outer leaves.
- Place lemon wedges in a large bowl of water. Soak artichokes for 30 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and shake off excess water. Insert slices of pecorino Romano cheese between the artichoke leaves. Place a garlic clove into the centre of each artichoke.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Arrange artichokes upright in the steamer. Drizzle olive oil over the artichokes and water; add salt. Bring water to a boil. Cook artichokes until the cheese in the centre has melted and you can easily pull an outer leaf away, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a steamer basket, just wedge artichokes in a pot with no room to move. Make sure artichokes are not touching the bottom of the pot. Add water to 1 inch below the artichokes.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 22.4 23.1 23.9 59 873 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1