Zucchini Ravioli with Minced Beef and Feta Filling
Ingredients55 m servings 775
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir 4-ounce can tomato sauce, chile pepper, turmeric, black pepper, cumin, and coriander into the beef mixture; cook and stir until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Peel zucchini into large flat ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Arrange 2 pieces in an "x" shape. Place a piece of feta cheese in the middle of the zucchini "x"; add a spoonful of beef mixture. Carefully wrap the ends of zucchini ribbons over the top to form a ravioli-shape. Repeat with remaining zucchini, feta cheese, and beef mixture.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 of the 15-ounce can tomato sauce. Arrange zucchini "ravioli" over sauce. Top with remaining tomato sauce, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce has thickened and cheese is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If the "ravioli" won't stay wrapped up, try removing some filling or using a toothpick to keep them closed.
Per Serving: 775 calories; 47 36.5 55.6 183 2199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have made this many times now. It is wonderful as written! But it also has the option to make changes to whatever you have on hand. I have used shredded pork, shredded chicken and ground beef...
Couldn't quite get the ravioli wrapped correctly, so I made it layered like lasagna instead! Worked just as well.