Francis' Pumpkin Crunch Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
"Francis was a great baker that did all the desserts for a restaurant that I worked at during my college years. This was a huge seller and once I added it to my Thanksgiving menu it was a hit with my guests too. It is a quick and delicious embellishment to any pumpkin or sweet potato pie as you bring it out of the oven."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 m servings 540 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Beat white sugar, butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; stir in coconut and pecans. Spoon mixture over pumpkin pie.
- Set oven rack about 8 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place pie in the oven and broil until bubbly and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- A sweet potato pie can be used in place of the pumpkin pie, if desired.
- Half-and-half can be used instead of cream. Walnuts or macadamia nuts can be used instead of the pecans.
Per Serving: 540 calories; 30.9 g fat; 59.6 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 527 mg sodium. Full nutrition