Ingredients1 h 38 m servings 410 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons garlic, paprika, 1 tablespoon cumin, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and chile powder in a large bowl. Add onions and chicken; stir to coat.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a casserole dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Combine chicken broth, basmati rice, 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add frozen peas. Cook and stir until bright green, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir peas into the rice. Serve rice alongside chicken.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a little more kick, increase the chile powder to 1/2 teaspoon.
- For blackened chicken, broil chicken for an additional 5 minutes, or until darkened.
Per Serving: 410 calories; 12.1 g fat; 51.8 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 1192 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
My husband enjoyed this and my daughter LOVED it! We all felt the rice was fine but nothing spectacular- the chicken however really made this dish something special! This is definitely one I'l...
Yum!!! I followed the recipe, but was generous with the spices and garlic. This will be a family favorite!!
Outstanding. Beautifully fragrant. I made jasmine rice seasoned only with salt and pepper to not take away any of the flavor of the chicken. I sliced the breasts into large hunks. I opted to add...
This turned out LOVELY! Changed paprika into smoked paprika and used apple cider vinegar for a sweeter hint! Thanks Bill!
I loved this one! It was delicious straight out of the oven and as leftovers for lunch over the next few days. Quick and easy to make, a perfect weeknight meal.
I followed the recipe. Everyone liked it. I think I should have cooked it for 40 minutes instead of 45. The chicken was a little dry but still good. I drizzled a little olive oil on top of ...
This dish is flavorful, without being too spicy. It was easy to make, and I had almost all the ingredients on hand.I did not have dried cilantro, so I substituted fresh, and I used smoked paprik...
Very nice. Subtle heat. Simple. "Normal" ingredients most will have on hand. I think if I make it again, I will up the spice a bit (more chili or paprika and maybe a smokey paprika to deepen the...