Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 54 m servings 612 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 sheet pan pizza)
- Sift flour and salt together together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
- Combine butter, white sugar, and 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg mixture. Add flour and salt gradually, beating until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out on a large piece of plastic wrap; wrap and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; spread dough in an even layer on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center is firm and edges are golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk cream cheese, 1/4 confectioners' sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Spread icing over the cooled crust.
- Cover icing with sliced pears, overlapping slices slightly.
- Combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar and red wine in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until brown sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrup, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Coat pear slices with syrup using a pastry brush. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar on top.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Broil pizza until brown sugar melts and browns, about 3 minutes. Grate fresh nutmeg over pizza; cut into squares.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a mandolin to slice pears.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 33.9 g fat; 68.9 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 115 mg cholesterol; 332 mg sodium. Full nutrition