Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 168 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix flour and water together in a bowl until a thin paste forms, adding more water as needed.
- Combine flour mixture, chicken livers, cream, onion, eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper in a food processor; process until blended and smooth, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Transfer liver mixture to three 7x4-inch disposable pans. Cover pans with aluminum foil and place in a baking pan. Pour enough water into the baking pan to come up halfway up the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cooked through, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool to room temperature. Cover with lids and refrigerate.
- Cook's Notes:
- The seasoning again is up to how much or how little you like it. I find that with the amount mentioned, there is room to add more.
- I usually only cook one at a time unless I know I will be giving the others away. I put the other two in the freezer. After you have added the mixture to the pans, add the lids, and put them in the freezer. When you do want to bake these, cook them as per instructed in Step 5. I defrost them first before I bake.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 13.6 g fat; 3.8 g carbohydrates; 7.9 g protein; 207 mg cholesterol; 248 mg sodium. Full nutrition