Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 41 m servings 253
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine chicken livers and milk in a bowl. Let soak in the refrigerator, about 2 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken livers from the milk with a slotted spoon; add to the saucepan with balsamic vinegar and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken livers are tender and no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken liver mixture to a food processor. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns and Scotch; blend until smooth. Add remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and pulse until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Divide blended mixture evenly among 6 porcelain ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute cognac or brandy for the Scotch whiskey if preferred.
- For longer storage, cover pate with a thin layer of melted butter, cover, and refrigerate or freeze.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of milk. The actual amount of milk consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 19.5 5 13.7 317 83 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1