Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 603 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x12-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add hash browns and onion; cook and stir until hash browns are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Place bacon in a separate skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble into smaller pieces.
- Layer hash brown-onion mixture, bacon pieces, 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and green chile peppers in the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Crack eggs, one at a time, on top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over eggs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are firm and cheese starts to brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with flour tortillas.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute green chile sauce for the chopped green chile peppers if desired.
- If desired, you can add well browned and drained Mexican chorizo sausage to this dish. Just toss in with the hash brown mixture.
Per Serving: 603 calories; 33.6 g fat; 61.5 g carbohydrates; 25.7 g protein; 226 mg cholesterol; 1330 mg sodium. Full nutrition