Ingredients45 m servings 199
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Rub in butter with your fingers until mixture is chunky. Pour in enough water to form a thick dough.
- Spread a thin layer of oats and whole wheat flour on a flat work surface. Turn out dough and pat to an even thickness. Cut into circles using the rim of a drinking glass. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Size may range from a shot glass to any large size. I typically cut mine to a 3 1/2-inch-wide circumference.
Per Serving: 199 calories; 9.5 24.7 4.8 20 351 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This worked out great, and they are so addictive. If one never had them before it’s not actual cakes but rather cracker bread.I am going to have them with goat cheese and salmon and reminisce my...
Excellent, but only with a few modifications to ingredients. To the dry ingredients I added about 1/2 cup of diced Turkish dried apricots, or dried sugared cranberries. Instead of only a teasp...
I was pretty uncertain when I pulled them out of the oven, but I actually really like them. I did increase the sugar to a tablespoon, and added a tiny bit of molasses so the baking soda had som...
These were very crumbly and fell apart when cut or removed from the pan. I made another batch more like a bread by adding 3 eggs and baking it in a pie plate.