Caribbean Fish Soup
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 203
- Rinse fish with lemon juice; drain.
- Bring water to a boil in a large bowl. Add fish; simmer until soft, about 30 minutes. Strain fish, reserving broth. Let fish cool. Remove bones, trying to keep large pieces of fish intact.
- Bring broth to a boil. Add green bananas, pumpkin, potatoes, corn, carrots, okra, scallions, chile pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in fish. Simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove soup from heat and let stand before serving, about 30 minutes. Discard chile pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Don't slit the chile pepper if you don't like a lot of heat.
- When reheating leftovers, do not boil; it will break down the fish.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 3.3 35 11.6 26 338 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I'm making this now and it looks amazing! But no idea what type or size of fish. I'm working with what I have on hand so using snapper fillets but I'm wondering if 4 is enough. That depends on t...
I didn't have all the ingredients, so my rating isn't fair. No thyme or dried pepper or lemon. Used perch. So added 1/2 lime, dashes of ole bay seasoning, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Canned ...