Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 137
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place chile pepper on top, cut sides down.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the pepper has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened pepper into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow pepper to steam as it cool, about 10 minutes. Remove skin and chop flesh.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion in the hot oil until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in chile pepper and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until tomatoes soften and liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir okra, salt, cumin, black pepper, and white pepper into the skillet. Cook, stirring gently, until okra is tender, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use 2 chile peppers if the ones you have are mild.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 5.3 20.2 4 0 569 Full nutrition