Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 252 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Warm 1 cup milk in a large saucepan over low heat until it reaches room temperature, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in yeast until dissolved. Mix in egg, olive oil, sugar, and salt.
- Stir half of the flour into the saucepan. Add carrots and sunflower seeds. Stir in remaining flour until dough is sticky. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; roll into small buns. Arrange buns on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise until puffy, about 15 minutes.
- Brush tops of buns with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- For a more rustic look, dust buns with a bit of flour before the second rise.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 7.3 g fat; 39.4 g carbohydrates; 7.2 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1