Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 41 m servings 773
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add taro; cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut cooled taro into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook halibut steaks in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place halibut steaks on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place cabbage quarters in a large saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Spread cabbage evenly over the bottom of a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Arrange halibut steaks on top. Layer tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper over halibut.
- Stir coconut milk and water together in a bowl. Pour into the Dutch oven. Season with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until halibut flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes. Avoid stirring too often to keep halibut intact. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Heat remaining 6 tablespoons vegetable oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook taro slices in batches until slightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Season with sea salt.
You might also like
Per Serving: 773 calories; 70.4 31.3 15.4 10 186 Full nutrition