Easy Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 449
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat white sugar and vegetable oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix.
- Combine baking flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl; mix into sugar-vegetable oil until batter is smooth. Fold carrots into the batter; pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer; beat in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until icing is smooth and creamy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat well. Spread icing onto cake.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 27.2 50.2 4 67 400 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this for a faculty pot luck and people loved it . I was worried because it looked like I put too many carrots in, but the amount in the recipe was perfect. I used a quisinart to shred t...
Excellent! Family raved about it! Added dark raisins and that's all! Would make again!
No changes and everyone liked it, didn’t think it was gluten free ??
This was the first time I've made a carrot cake. It was delightful! It was moist and tasty. I tweaked the recipe a little. I used brown sugar instead of white sugar. I also added half a cup of c...