Easy Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 449
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat white sugar and vegetable oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix.
- Combine baking flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl; mix into sugar-vegetable oil until batter is smooth. Fold carrots into the batter; pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer; beat in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until icing is smooth and creamy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat well. Spread icing onto cake.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 27.2 50.2 4 67 400 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made this for a faculty pot luck and people loved it . I was worried because it looked like I put too many carrots in, but the amount in the recipe was perfect. I used a quisinart to shred t...
Excellent! Family raved about it! Added dark raisins and that's all! Would make again!
I love this carrot cake! One day, I had craving for a carrot cake but never made it gluten free. I have added some walnuts and a very small can of pineapple.Next time, I will crush it. I have us...
This is a fantastic gluten free recipe! The cake turned out fluffy and moist, and the frosting recipe was the perfect accompaniment. I added 1/2 C of raisins and made 2 rounds for a layer cake i...
No changes and everyone liked it, didn’t think it was gluten free ??
This was the first time I've made a carrot cake. It was delightful! It was moist and tasty. I tweaked the recipe a little. I used brown sugar instead of white sugar. I also added half a cup of c...