Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 18 m servings 467 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch square cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place shredded carrots in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook in the microwave until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Combine eggs, white sugar, and 1/2 cup sucralose sweetener in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add canola oil, applesauce, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until well blended.
- Fold carrots and pineapple into the bowl until well mixed. Add flour and xanthan gum; mix batter until no floury streaks remain. Scrape batter into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Combine Neufchatel cheese, confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup sucralose sweetener, cream cheese, and buttery spread in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use 1/2 cup egg substitute in place of the eggs if desired.
- If frosting is too soft, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If not sweet enough for your taste, add more sugar or sucralose sweetener.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 27.6 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 7.7 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 616 mg sodium. Full nutrition