Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 217
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Poke eggplant with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until skin is charred and eggplant is soft, about 45 minutes. Cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel eggplant and drain in a colander for 30 minutes. Chop eggplant very finely.
- Place eggplant in a bowl and blend using an electric mixer. Gradually add oil and keep mixing until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add yogurt and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped onion.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can cook the eggplant on the grill instead of roasting in the oven, if desired.
- Do not use a blender instead of the electric mixer in step 4.
- Vegetable oil can be used in place of the canola oil, if needed.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 19.1 11.9 2.2 < 1 395 Full nutrition