Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 50 m servings 108
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 9-inch square pan)
- Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Dust generously with 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in agar agar; let soak until dissolved, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup water, white sugar, and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture registers 250 to 265 degrees F (121 to 129 degrees C) on a candy thermometer or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball. Remove from heat; stir agar agar mixture into the hot syrup.
- Turn stand mixer on to continue beating egg whites. Pour hot syrup in a thin stream down the side of the bowl, beating until egg whites are very stiff. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread marshmallow mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Dust with remaining 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar. Let stand until set, 8 hours to overnight.
- Dip a sharp knife in very hot water and wipe off; slice marshmallow mixture into 2-inch pieces.
You might also like
Per Serving: 108 calories; 0 27.3 0.4 0 7 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The next time I make these, I'm going to make the following changes and review again with the results. Reasons are elaborated on below. •Reduce the agar agar to two teaspoons. •Make the agar a...