Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 42 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix oats, flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Beat into the creamed butter mixture on low speed. Fold in chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough until firm enough to scoop, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto the lined baking sheets using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Let cookies sit on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese and vegetable shortening in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add marshmallow cream, 2 teaspoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; mix well. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until filling reaches a thick consistency.
- Scoop some of the filling onto the flat side of 1 cookie using the cookie scoop. Press another cookie on top to sandwich the filling. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute raisins for the chocolate chips if preferred.
- You can use butter or margarine in place of the vegetable shortening, but you'll sacrifice the bright white color of the filling.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 13.4 33.9 2.1 28 141 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I will be rating only the cookie part as I did not make the filling. The taste was great. The first time I followed the directions exactly. they came out flat, very crunchy and fell apart. I ev...