Oatmeal Cream Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe comes from my in-laws and it is one of a kind! The texture is great and each slice holds together nicely. Very reminiscent of pecan pie without the nuts. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or cold with some whipped cream on top! Warning: This pie is extremely sweet (and good that way)!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 511 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, sugar, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn syrup, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour oat mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C). Continue baking until center is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Dark molasses can be substituted for the corn syrup and maple syrup.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 21.9 g fat; 75.5 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full nutrition