Family-Style Korean Fried Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 3 m servings 520 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Whisk eggs, soy sauce, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Combine cornstarch, flour, sesame seeds, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk in egg mixture. Fold green onions and garlic into the batter.
- Stir chicken into the batter until each piece is coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to 2 days. Stir 1 to 2 times per day.
- Fill a heavy saucepan with 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil. Heat on medium-high heat until a small amount of batter sizzles when dropped in.
- Stir chicken again to coat evenly with batter. Fry in batches until deeply browned, about 3 minutes per batch. Drain on a large plate lined with paper towels or newspapers.
- Cook's Note:
- Use excess batter to make hush puppies if desired.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of batter. The actual amount of batter consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 28 g fat; 36.7 g carbohydrates; 29.4 g protein; 176 mg cholesterol; 1550 mg sodium. Full nutrition