Lagman (Uzbek Noodle Soup)
Ingredients1 h 56 m servings 677
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in beef strips, cumin, and black pepper; cook until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir carrot into the pot; cook until coated with tomato paste, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add potatoes and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Pour in water; bring to a boil. Season water with salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer soup until potatoes are soft, about 40 minutes.
- Stir parsley and garlic into the soup. Simmer until garlic is soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Divide among serving bowls. Ladle hot soup over noodles.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute spaghetti for the noodles if desired.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 16 120.6 23.9 26 1299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this for my wife who is from Uzbekistan and she said it was delicious and authentic! I loved the soup too!!
I’ve made this recipe three times now, the second and third time tweaking it a bit. The first time I made it, I absolutely LOVED it!!!! I used wagyu chuck steak, I hadn’t used celery or parsley,...