Ingredients11 m servings 253 cals
- Whisk milk, egg, flour, baking powder, basil, salt, and garlic powder together in a bowl until batter is the consistency of eggnog.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat cheese curds with batter and cook 4 to 5 at a time in the hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute small mozzarella balls for the cheese curds if desired.
- Substitute vegetable oil for the grapeseed oil if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 20.3 g fat; 9.3 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 114 mg cholesterol; 985 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! Keep a close eye on them because they will explode on you if you leave them in too long. Serve with a side of marinara sauce and you won't be disappointed!
I loved this idea, because it would be so Keto-friendly. However, one change. Use coconut oil instead of grapeseed or vegetable oil. The grapeseed or vegetable oil is actually unhealthy for y...