Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 488 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 rolls)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny-side down, on a bamboo sushi mat. Pat half of the rice evenly over nori, leaving edges bare. Arrange 4 slices of avocado and 1/4 cup of the cooked eggplant in a line in the middle of the rice. Wet the edges of the nori with a brush or your fingers. Roll up tightly using the edge of the mat. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, avocado, and eggplant.
- Cut each sushi roll in half using a sharp knife. Cut each half into 4 pieces, rinsing off the knife between cuts so you can cut cleanly through the rolls.
- Cook's Notes:
- Rice should be sticky. You can add a little rice vinegar, but I didn't and it was still sticky.
- Substitute sesame oil for olive oil if desired.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 15.9 g fat; 81 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 96 mg sodium. Full nutrition