Inside-Out Spicy Tuna and Avocado Sushi
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 749 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (6 rolls)
- Rinse rice in a strainer until water runs clear.
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over rice; stir until rice cools and looks dry.
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, chile oil, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, and green onion in a bowl with a fork, mashing to break up some of the chunks. Leave a few chunks intact for texture.
- Cover a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on the mat. Spread a thin layer of rice over the nori. Layer avocado slices across the rice. Flip nori sheet so avocado is against the mat. Spread a generous layer of tuna mixture 3/4 of the way down the back of the nori; top with cucumber matchsticks.
- Roll up sushi using the rolling mat, tucking in ends with the plastic wrap. Remove plastic wrap and place sushi roll on a plate. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, avocado, tuna mixture, and cucumber.
- Editor's Note:
- Consuming raw seafood may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
Per Serving: 749 calories; 59.4 g fat; 38.6 g carbohydrates; 17.2 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 1718 mg sodium. Full nutrition