Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 1095 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 maki sushi rolls)
- Rinse rice in a strainer until water runs clear.
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over rice; stir until rice cools and looks dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange shrimp tempura on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, about 6 minutes per side. Cut tails off 4 of the tempura shrimp.
- Cover a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny-side down, on the plastic wrap. Spread 1 cup rice on top using moistened fingers, leaving a 1/3-inch border. Flip nori so rice is facing the mat.
- Arrange imitation crabmeat and cucumber along the bottom edge of the nori sheet. Place 2 tail-off shrimp in the center of the nori sheet. Place 2 tail-on shrimp on the end so that the tails extend over the sides of the sheet. Lift the edge of the mat and roll up nori into a tight log around filling.
- Transfer sushi roll to a serving plate. Layer avocado and unagi slices on top to cover the top and sides of the roll. Slice roll into 8 pieces using a moistened knife. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, crabmeat, cucumber, avocado, and unagi to make a second roll.
Per Serving: 1095 calories; 50.3 g fat; 93.5 g carbohydrates; 66.6 g protein; 432 mg cholesterol; 3341 mg sodium. Full nutrition