Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 566 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burgers)
- Combine chicken, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties. Press gently to flatten.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Cook patties until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a large plate.
- Cook and stir onion in the drippings left in the skillet until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock. Cook until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Return patties to the skillet; cover with tomato sauce. Place 1 slice of provolone cheese over each patty. Cover skillet and cook until cheese melts slightly, about 1 minute.
- Place patties on buns; spoon tomato sauce on top.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't want to make the tomato mixture, you can use your favorite spaghetti sauce and just pour over burgers.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 22.5 g fat; 44.9 g carbohydrates; 47 g protein; 145 mg cholesterol; 1398 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These were fantastic! I made the burgers into slider size. The only changes that I made were that I used fresh mozzarella and my own sauce that I had on hand. Thank you for the great recipe! It ...