Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 26 m servings 313
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 sticks)
- Combine mozzarella cheese, Gruyere cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onion soup mix, and rosemary in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon cheese mixture into the dish, smoothing with a spatula. Freeze until solid, at least 1 hour.
- Pour flour into a shallow dish. Beat 4 eggs in a small bowl. Pour bread crumbs into a separate shallow dish.
- Lift the cheese mixture out of the dish and, working quickly, cut in half. Cut into twenty 3/4-inch wide rectangles.
- Press cheese rectangles into flour, tapping to remove excess. Dredge in beaten eggs and press into bread crumbs until evenly coated. Transfer coated cheese mixture to a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lower coated cheese mixture, 3 or 4 at a time, carefully into the hot oil; fry until cheese sticks are golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Makes 16 to 20 sticks, or 32 to 40 mini-sticks.
- There's no need to make them all at once. Any that you don't use can be placed in an airtight container and frozen for a future use. Make-ahead appetizer that will wow your guests!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 19.6 21.5 12.7 85 603 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1