Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 45 m servings 464 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place white beans into a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain soaked beans. Place in a pot and cover with cold water about 1 inch above top of beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until starting to soften, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drain beans; transfer to clay (or ceramic) cooking pot. Add onion, lard, maple syrup, mustard, and pepper; mix well. Cover with boiling water; place a lid on top. Bake in preheated oven 2 hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Remove lid from pot; continue baking beans until the top has browned, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 26.2 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 74 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1