Thai Peanut Yakitori Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 523 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 skewers)
- Whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime juice, sriracha sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, mint, garlic, curry powder, brown sugar, ginger, and Chinese five-spice powder together in a large bowl to make marinade.
- Place chicken in a separate bowl. Pour in enough marinade to thoroughly coat the chicken. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers, alternating with green onions. Lay skewers a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, flipping skewers halfway through baking, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve remaining marinade alongside.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have Chinese five-spice powder, add an extra teaspoon of curry powder. Do not substitute extra Chinese five-spice for curry powder, though!
- Light coconut milk can be substituted if preferred. Do not used reduced sugar or light peanut butter.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 523 calories; 38.1 g fat; 16 g carbohydrates; 35.3 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 1136 mg sodium. Full nutrition