Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 196
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 loaves)
- Combine bread flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer using the dough hook on low speed; mix in eggs until fully incorporated. Mix in warm water and milk until fully incorporated. Add butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Continue mixing until dough holds together. Take a piece of dough between your fingers and pull them apart. If the dough stays connected and becomes translucent, it is ready. Add milk or flour if needed to reach this consistency.
- Allow dough to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Divide dough into 4 or 5 loaves and shape into greased loaf pans. Rise again until edges are roughly 1 inch below the top of the pan, 30 to 60 minutes. Create a 2-inch vertical slit across the top of each loaf using a knife or scissors.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F (93 degrees C), about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1.4 ounces fresh yeast for the active dry yeast, if desired.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 7.4 26.7 5.6 51 278 Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 1