Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 425 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine heavy cream, chicken broth, and bay leaf in a large saucepan; season with salt and pepper. Add cardoon pieces. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cardoon is soft, about 1 hour.
- Transfer cardoon pieces to a 9x13-inch baking dish with a slotted spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Simmer cream mixture until reduced to 3/4 cup, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour cream over cardoon pieces in the baking dish. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is browned, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 425 calories; 41.8 g fat; 3.9 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 152 mg cholesterol; 197 mg sodium. Full nutrition