Tortiera di Alici (Italian Baked Anchovies)
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"Tortiera di alici or Alici in tortiera is a traditional Italian dish, typical of Naples where every family has its own version. Layers of fresh anchovies alternate with a mix of bread crumbs, capers, garlic, and parsley. You can add tomatoes to the mix, as well as olives or different herbs."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 412
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Slice open the bottom of each anchovy and pull out the bone. Open each fillet as you would a book and arrange in the bottom of a shallow dish. Pour white vinegar on top. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Drain and discard the vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Brush a baking dish lightly with olive oil.
- Mix bread crumbs, capers, parsley, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some of the bread crumb mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange some anchovies in a single layer in the baking dish, still open like a book. Brush lightly with olive oil; cover with some of the bread crumb mixture. Repeat layers with remaining anchovies, olive oil, and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is crispy and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of vinegar. The actual amount of vinegar consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 14.9 36.5 30 68 610 Full nutrition