Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 511
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and onion; cook and stir until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add fennel and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Pour fish stock and vermouth into the pot. Add tomatoes, red bell pepper, orange zest, red pepper flakes, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until red bell pepper is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Bring stock back to a boil. Add cod fillets; cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp, clams, and mussels; cook, shaking pot occasionally, until shells open and shrimp turn opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute diced fresh tomatoes for the canned if desired.
- Substitute 1 quart water or one 8-ounce bottle clam juice plus 3 cups water for the fish stock if preferred.
- Substitute dry white wine for the vermouth if desired.
- This can be made with any mix of white, non-oily fish and shellfish, as long as it equals three pounds all together.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 13.5 28.5 47 146 875 Full nutrition