Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 172 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with cooking spray and coat with bread crumbs.
- Combine egg yolks, confectioners' sugar, applesauce, and margarine in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in almond flour, rye flour, and baking powder slowly. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the milk into the batter.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter. Fold in raisins.
- Pour most of the batter into the prepared pan, reserving 3/4 cup batter in the bowl. Add reserved 2 tablespoons milk and cocoa powder to the bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the batter in the pan. Trace over the batter with a spatula to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- When switching between the batter and the egg whites, make sure that the beaters are completely clean. If they are not, then the egg whites will separate and will not form peaks.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 8.3 g fat; 21.5 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 151 mg sodium. Full nutrition