Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Sweet Creme Fraiche
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is one of my favorite recipes from a B&B (Fairholme Manor) my husband and I stayed in in Victoria, BC. I eat the pancakes with creme fraiche alone, but many enjoy it with the addition of maple syrup. Enjoy the creme fraiche as a substitute to whipped cream on just about anything."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 6 h 25 m servings 257 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 pancakes)
- Mix heavy cream, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature until slightly thickened, 6 to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk ricotta cheese, egg yolks, milk, sugar, and lemon zest together in a separate bowl. Whisk in flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold very gently into the batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Drop 1/2 cup batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Beat sweetened creme fraiche until stiff peaks form. Serve with pancakes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can beat the creme fraiche in a stand mixer while you are cooking the pancakes to save time.
- The key to a light and fluffy pancake is to treat the batter very gently. Do not flatten the pancake after you flip it, and only flip it once.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 17.3 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 134 mg cholesterol; 189 mg sodium. Full nutrition